Eurocopter Canada’s primary objective is to provide quality training, which enables our customers to operate, maintain, repair and overhaul their helicopter throughout its life cycle. ECL training facilities include; BCIT Aerospace Technology Campus (Richmond, British Columbia), École Nationale d’Aerotechnique (St. Hubert, Quebec), Eurocopter Canada (Fort Erie, Ontario) and American Eurocopter that are equipped with high-tech equipment, offering the latest in audiovisual computer presentations. All Eurocopter Canada courses are designed to ease the transition and operation of Eurocopter helicopters, for flight crews and maintenance technicians. Aircraft mock-ups and training aids are available to ensure practical, hands-on training.
Approved Eurocopter Pilot and AME training courses with ECL instructors include:
- EC120, AS350 B2, B3 and EC130 B4 airframe courses
- Arriel (1 & 2) and Arrius (2F) Turbomeca engines courses
- Pilot transition and recurrency courses
At Eurocopter Canada, safety is and always has been the number one priority for products and services. Eurocopter is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
At the American Eurocopter training facility there is a full range of simulator-based systems available for pilots and crews that offer highly realistic and cost-effective training on its helicopter product line.
As safety and operational efficiency are among Eurocopter’s top priorities for its customers and operators, the company has made major investments in simulator training devices benefitting from the complete data package that an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) can provide.
The scope of these training systems varies from highly realistic mission-based simulations with motion and full pilot/crew interaction to procedures trainers for both pilots and maintenance personnel.
These systems include:
- The full-motion AS350 flight and mission simulator, which is the world’s most advanced of its kind – featuring a full AS350 cabin that creates an enhanced training environment for both pilots and crews. This system is located in American Eurocopter’s training center at the company’s Grand Prairie, Texas headquarters facility.
- A full-motion EC135/EC145 flight training device (FTD) with day, night, IFR and NVG capabilities. It is situated at American Eurocopter’s Grand Prairie training center.
- The portable AS350 B3 procedural training device, which enables pilots to practice start-up and shut-down procedures, along with radio and systems operations, as well as emergency procedures